free web tracker Alex Knows Everything - The Greatest Blog In The World By Alex Oliveira: American Idol

Thursday, January 27, 2005

American Idol

So CTV has announced their latest round of Canadian Idol auditions and I couldn't help but think, "you know what... I should go". Yes, I'm 3 years too old but I just want to know if I would get a pass. Just for kicks.

The whole age thing got me to thinking. Why hasn't someone had an idol type competition for adults. Sure there's lots of money in kids and teenagers but surely I think people would want to watch a competition for 25-35 year olds. I mean you wanna talk about hidden talent. There are people working behind desks who might have been singing for 10 or 15 years. My self serving interests not withstanding, I truly believe this is something people want to see.

In the meantime I just watched the worst singer in the world get advanced to Hollywood on America Idol... It's like watching a dog getting hit by a car sometimes.

4 Comments:

At 8:41 p.m., Anonymous Anonymous said...

It's called karaoke. Adults (thus far) just have the decency not to televise the ridiculousness. I don't think it's something people want to see. I'd wager people would rather watch paint dry. It's far more riveting and easier on the ears.

 
At 9:42 a.m., Blogger @lex said...

Yes hello, anonymous... if that is in fact your real name... PUBLIC OUTING: JD HATES KARAOKE!

19 Entertaiment has made an empire from people wanting to watch Karaoke.

 
At 12:47 p.m., Anonymous Anonymous said...

In fact, I quite enjoy Karaoke. Montreal is probably still reeling from my performance of "Livin' on a Prayer" i gave in the early spring of '04. It's just that some things SHOULD NOT be televised. I also enjoy sex, but does that mean I should be seen doing it on television? No. Should there be a Dungeons & Dragons channel full of weird kids (of which I was one) role-playing all day? No. The line has to be drawn. This far, no farther. If you really want to test my theory, you and I will go to a karaoke bar and film the trip and then post it on the site. Or try and sell it to FOX, because they'll buy anything.

 
At 3:31 p.m., Blogger @lex said...

NOW you've got yourself a hit!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home