free web tracker Alex Knows Everything - The Greatest Blog In The World By Alex Oliveira: Glory

Thursday, July 28, 2005

Glory

It's funny how quickly the shine can come off something. Growing up I've always wanted to be a performer and the idea of being out on the road has always seemed romantic to me. Now the ugly flipside is that it makes your personal life tricky at best but this is also the part of the 'dream' that artists like to pretend doesn't exist.

What I find the most remarkable about the process is how fast it becomes a problem. By all accounts this band is very much in it's infancy only now starting to really string together some dates and opportunities. Yet, in this short time I already feel the need to make the tough calls. I find myself having to hang my head and cancel important dates and as of tomorrow I have to go out of town while my father is in poor health.

If you're an aspiring performer or really just going after some kinda crazy dream and you think to yourself "I Want This", really think about what it is you want cause it's not all glory, in fact there is barely any glory at all. That being said I'm reminded of a quote I like:

"Real glory springs from the silent conquest of ourselves."
~Joseph P. Thompson

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home