free web tracker Alex Knows Everything - The Greatest Blog In The World By Alex Oliveira: Avril Lavigne

Thursday, July 05, 2007

Avril Lavigne

Can you believe that people are fighting to be associated with the biggest piece of garbage song in recent history?

Avril Sued For "Girlfriend"
Thursday, July 05, 2007

Avril Lavigne is being sued by songwriters who say her hit anthem "Girlfriend” is a knock-off of their song titled "I Wanna Be Your Boyfriend". The song by the 1970s group The Rubinoos features the chorus "Hey, hey, you, you, I wanna be your boyfriend," whereas Avril's song is “Hey, hey, you, you, I don't like your girlfriend". Lavigne’s manager Terry McBride says the lawsuit doesn't have merit but concedes he will settle out of court if the case will be too costly to defend.

2 Comments:

At 4:53 p.m., Blogger Greg said...

Like you wouldn't contact a lawyer if one of your songs was ripped off.

Either way, I'd still do'er.

 
At 12:48 a.m., Blogger @lex said...

I would never write anything that horrific. But if she bite my sound, I would totally sue the crap out of her, absolutely!

She's looking mint in that picture. I saw her moving to this more womanly look and sound and I for one was diggin' it. Then came this new album and it was like she took about 20 steps back. It's pathetic.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home