free web tracker Alex Knows Everything - The Greatest Blog In The World By Alex Oliveira: Why I Hate Scary Movies

Monday, November 07, 2005

Why I Hate Scary Movies

So last night I'm watching "Category 7: The End of The World" thinking my intellectual superiority will leave me impervious to the fear mongering of these apocalyptic films. Yet somehow by the end of the film I've managed to rationalize myself to a legitimate level of anxiety and fear. So I guess in the end I may in fact be the super genius I am in my own mind but susceptible to influence of good computer generated images. Curse you ILM!

3 Comments:

At 12:52 a.m., Anonymous Anonymous said...

Perhaps it is the self same intellectual superiority that allows your mind to explore the apocalyptic potential of things you can't control!

PS - even without the CGI influence, a super genius has the creativity and imagination to make his own horrific images.

 
At 1:49 p.m., Blogger @lex said...

Even in moments of doubt I only affirm my supergeniusosity.

 
At 1:16 a.m., Anonymous Anonymous said...

I give you a big AMEN.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home