free web tracker Alex Knows Everything - The Greatest Blog In The World By Alex Oliveira: Fan's Choice eh?

Sunday, June 04, 2006

Fan's Choice eh?


Fan's Choice eh?
Originally uploaded by clownfire.
Len recently brought to my attention the candidates for this years MuchMusic Video Awards 'fan's choice' nominees for BEST CANADIAN GROUP.

Given the onslaught of exceptional Canadian music being made right now, particularly in the 'band' category you would think this would be a long list of excellent bands, rich in song writing. However as you can see, while the voting may be up to the fans (which I sincerely doubt) the choice of nominees is clearly up to record labels who no doubt came to the table with lots of great 'incentives' in hand.

Don't ask me why I am surprised MuchMusic hasn't been the MuchMusic of my childhood in a long, long time. They are the pictures of the corporate media juggernaut now. I mean all the awards are fixed already (trust me there's no academy of music in Canada that votes on these things), why not allow this cancer to spread right down to the 'fan's choice'?

My choice for Sunday? Reruns of Flava For Love.

Oh by the way if you need to reach my later this week, I'll be working on the video team for the MuchMusic Video Awards... Hey, a man's gotta eat right?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home